2020年2月14日金曜日

The Prince and The Pauper

Last week I was happy to hear FLY announced future release for nissan Z-car. I hope it will be really released.
More than that, I am expecting for other Japanese cars release, too.  Not only famous cars but also many other unique ones such as Mazda Cosmo sports, Capella rotary coupe, etc..

By the way, I remembered that I got a pair of Arii Nissan kit in a local flea market a few years ago. They were somebody's quick builds.  One was the Skyline GT-R factory racer, the other one was Fairlady Z sunday racer. Z was once dayglo orange spray painted, and had light gray wheels. Sorry no photo.

At that time, GT-R racer was very attractive to me, so the toylike colored Z-car was just a poor bonus. Old cars painted in such flashy color have long been abandoned.

One night last week I got an idea to repaint that orange car.
I applied Tamiya enamel directly on it by paintbrush and didn't care about brush marks.

Here is the result.  Rather rough surface just looks good for the old backstreet tuned car as I expected. It's far from that costly factory modified car.


On other hand Skyline "Hakosuka" GT-R racer was almost as it was, excepted for decal peeling by dried out, some touch up for paint defects, overall cleaning, and some chassis tinkering for running.


I'm looking forward to a set-up the two on this weekend. I hope to make them good runners.

<NISSAN Skyline(KPGC10) GT-R Factory Racer & Fairlady(S30) 240Z Street Racer,  Arii kit bashing,  MRRC Sebring chassis,  FF-050 Motor removed from  Scalextric Austin Mini>

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿