2019年5月26日日曜日

Scalextric VW Beetle Cup

In this morning, I finished fantasy works for my wife and myself.
Here are the results.


As an image, if there were administrative liaison vehicles of a military base.


This time, it was started by unexpected gifts from my Osaka friend.

<Above Images are for reference only.  Photos by courtesy of Scalextric Car Restorations.>

Once I used to hear a one-make race of circa 2000's old scalextric beetle cup cars was about be in held in my friend's commercial track.

<Above Images are for reference only.  Photos by courtesy of Sakky★Boss, Sakky's Collections.>

Not only I didn't pay much attention to that, but also kept distance from that for a while.
Because there was a reason for such an attitude.

In my perception, it might be fun for not experienced, but I've already ran enough and I was fed up old scalextric cars of that time. Especially circa 2000's scalextric cars. That was fusion of modern cars appearance and lack of matched performance.

Please don't take me wrong, I liked those cars and actually enjoyed in those days. I used to learn many things to how to refine a car performance from those cars, and at that time I really had fun to race with my circuit pals.

But I simply felt they were not suitable for holding championship for nowadays.
I was seized with that idea, and I could not decide for a long time whether to get in the party or not.
After all, I decided to push my back.

Easy regulations as below.

Body, chassis, transparent parts, lighting components, motors, gears, front and rear axles, stock plastic wheels all are not allowed for change.

Any means for fix front axle are not allowed.
Loose front is specified.

Adding weights are allowed but total car weight is limited for 110g.
Any guide blades, any contact brushes are allowed.
Motor cable change is allowed.
Silicon tires are not allowed because of keeping ninco abrasive track conditions.
Rear wing and side mirrors are needed.

In short, it's almost basically out of the box race.

According to their regulations, I changed rear tires, glued and trued them, added weights, and repainted bodies.

Only waterslide decals and racing mirrors were handmade.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿